- 4 4-oz OCI Cod Loins or 1 pound OCI Cod Fillet
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cured olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Rub cod with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper as desired and place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook. Add tomatoes and cook, next add olives and capers. Stir in the basil and vinegar, remove from heat and taste season as needed. Spoon the tapenade over the cod to serve.
Serve with side salad or your favourite side dish.