- 10 ounces fresh fiddleheads, or frozen fiddleheads, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves, or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons green pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fresh OCI Lobster meat, or canned frozen lobster meat, thawed
- Lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges for garnish
In a medium-sized saucepan of boiling water, cook the fiddleheads just until they are tender-crisp. (Test by taking one out of the water and biting into it. Fresh fiddleheads will take a little longer than frozen, thawed.) Drain the fiddleheads in a colander and run them under cold water for a minute or 2 to set their green colour. Drain the fiddleheads well and dry them on paper towels.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in the parsley, tarragon, green pickle relish, onion and chopped eggs to combine well. Add the lobster and fiddleheads and toss to combine with the dressing. Taste for seasoning and add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend.
To serve, line a platter with lettuce leaves. Heap the salad on the platter and garnish it with the lemon wedges.