- 2 cups soft bread crumbs, made from homemade-type white bread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried summer savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 6 skinless OCI Flounder Fillets, approximately the same size, about 2 pounds total
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chopped onion, savory, salt and a generous grinding of black pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the 2 tablespoons of hot water and stir to combine the mixture well.
Dry the fish fillets and lay them side by side on a clean work surface or a large piece of waxed paper. Using a large spoon, divide the bread-crumb mixture evenly among them, spreading it over the fillets. Beginning at the narrow end, roll up each fillet jelly-roll fashion. Secure each roll with a wooden cocktail pick. Place the rolls side by side in the prepared dish.
Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the lemon juice and pour it evenly over the fish rolls. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
To serve, transfer the fish rolls to a heated platter or individual plates.